Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Dès l'aube...


How is it that on the first day of fall break - one of the few times I could actually sleep in, get some shut-eye, all that fun stuff - I wake up at 6:30, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, and yet, any other day, I can't seem to bother even attempting to get myself up? My dad has to come and get me. I'm almost seventeen. Shouldn't I be able to do this kind of stuff by myself? Qu'est-ce que c'est? Some sort of sick joke the Powers That Be contrived on the Day of Rest? 

So anyways...je me suis réveillé au milieu de la nuit. My feet were cold, okay? And we all know what happens when my feet get cold. Bad things happen. (If you still have no idea what I'm talking about, you might want to skim through some of my previous posts, like, oh say, "Sneezing and Coughing and...Feet?" or maybe even my first post.) 

And so, I went in search of relatively warm footwear. But, bien sûr, as Fate would have it, my precious socks were still wet. Sigh.What else was there to do but curl up on Dad's old blue La-Z-Boy, smother myself with my leopard fleece blanket, munch on Edy's Berry Rainbow Sherbet with my favorite spoon, and attempt to finish The Love Curse of the Rumbaughs, which, incidentally, centers upon a most disturbing subject? All in my mismatched socks...

Alas, sherbet isn't really the best choice when you're trying to read, what with all the stickies. So here I am, slurping away at my melting ice cream, with the TV on 12 volume in the hopes that I can watch Spanglish without incurring the wrath of The Mother, who, thankfully, is still asleep...

Zzzzzzz... 

Updated --- 3.14.2011

1 comment:

Siofra ♣ said...

Lass, when are you gonna get your arse back on here? It's all ready a year after!

Search This Blog